Monday, November 17, 2008

Rub it on!


Hey everyone! Kristy here...

So I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm perhaps the SLOWEST scrapper in the entire universe. In fact...this simple page here took me upwards of 3.5 hours to make. Why do you ask? Because I was utterly stumped.

This layout is about my oldest boy and the fact that he grew so much last year that when we had our first snow storm last week, that he had no boy gloves to wear. He was dying to play in the snow so we opted to go with sisters gloves.

I really wanted to focus on the fact that he was wearing flowery gloves. I kept trying all sorts of aarows and what not to point to the main focal photo, but it just wasn't working for me.

Then I remembered my rubons. I thought this round, white polka dot rubon was the perfect answer to bring out the fact that he had on girly gloves. It added the emphasis that I wanted without too much distraction.

My sister in law turned to me and said "ohhhh...that scares me too much to do anything like that with my photos".

Don't be scared! Remember, if you do something you like to a photo that you don't love, you can always print it again!

7 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Hey, at least it wasn't a dress, right?? Great page, love the cascade of snowflakes!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Kristy!
The rub-on looks great with the picture. ----teri

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

What an excellent tip! I just love it Kristy!

Jen N said...

I love how you used the rub-ons to highlight those gloves! Love this layout!

Library Bunny said...

I love this, and I really love it when a rubon can add so much to a picture.

HeatherC said...

I agree, just reprint if you have too. Very nice layout.

Anonymous said...

Kristy, this page is adorable and I can know where you are coming from when you say you are a slow scrapper. I am like an old turtle when it come to scrapping. I'm v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w but I manage to get the page finished sooner or later. I think you accomplished what you were trying to do with this.